To: ALL REFEREES
Listed below are the USWOA Officials Education Program (OEP) sessions for the 2019 season. This year we have four (4) national, seven (7) regional, and two (2) state OEPs. All sessions will be conducted a day prior to the start of competition. The full day OEP sessions do not replace the referee’s clinic at these competitions and there is a limit on the number of participants for each session.
All sessions will begin at 09:00 am local time.
All out of area participants should plan to arrive the night before. USAW will provide rooms the night before each session for all OEP participants. OEP participants staying for the associated tournaments would then go to either tournament housing (if provided) or they will need to arrange lodging for the tournament. The 2019 State, Regional and National OEPs are as follows:
Mar 22 NW Regional Centralia, WA
NOTES (2)(4) NLT RESPONSE DATE: 08 March
Apr 24 West Regional Las Vegas, NV
NOTES (2)(4) NLT RESPONSE DATE:15 March
May 2-3. NE Regional East Stroudsburg, PA
NOTES (2)(4)(8) NLT RESPONSE DATE: 29 March
May 3 WI State Wisconsin Dells, WI (5)(7) State Level
May 3 IL State Champaign-Urbana IL (6)(7) State Level
May 9 Women’s National Irving, TX
THIS IS A DATE CHANGE FROM THE ORIGINALY SCHEDULED OEP
NOTES (1)(4) NLT RESPONSE DATE: 06 April
May 17 N. Plains Reg Rochester, MN
NOTES (2)(4) NLT RESPONSE DATE: 13 April
May 24. Central Regiona Ada Ohio
NOTES (2)(4 NLT RESPONSE DATE: 20 April
May 24 SE Regional Wilmington NC
NOTES (2)(4) NLT RESPONSE DATE:20 April
May 30. U23/Cadet Nationals Akron, OH
NOTES (1)(4) NLT RESPONSE DATE: 04 May
Jun 07 S. Plains Reg Mulvane, KS
NOTES (2)(4) NLT RESPONSE DATE04 May
Jun 28 Kids Nationals Wisconsin Dells, WI
NOTES (2)(4) NLT RESPONSE DATE: 25 May
Jul 12 Cadet/Junior NationalFargo, ND
NOTES (2)(3)(4) NLT RESPONSE DATE: 8 June
(1) - Participants are responsible for the first $200 of travel and USAW will cover the remainder. All travel must be coordinated through USWOA/USAW and any air travel will be booked through Shorts Travel Management. DO NOT book travel until directed.
(2) - Travel subsidy will not be provided. All travel expenses are the responsibility of the participant.
(3) – Focus is preparing M1C’s becoming Chairman.
(4) – Use the Tournament sign up process to request a seat at a regional or national OEP.
(7) – Must referee/pair the sponsoring state tournament.
(8) – The Northeast OEP will start at 5 pm May 2 and conclude by 12 pm May 3
You must go to the Tournament Sign Up page to request attendance at an OEP. Be advised that you must also sign up for the tournament as these are considered separate requests.
The OEP sign up process does not replace the online tournament sign up.It is still mandatory to sign up for a National or Regional tournament.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
USWOA Officials Education Program Director