2020 Mat Official Recommended Protocols
as of 7/10/2020
- Mat Officials should be screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms
- Temperature Check
- Daily Questionnaire form
- Mat Officials should regularly sanitize before and after each match.
- Mat Officials should wear face shields and/or face masks, gloves, electronic whistle (if possible), and maintain social distancing during the match.
- This should apply to skin checks and weigh-ins as well.
- Recommend if using normal face cover and/or face shield to ALSO use an electronic whistle.
- The secondary recommendation would be to use a normal face shield AND normal whistle.
- If using three (3) – person mechanics, officials should maintain proper social distancing at all times while stationed at the scoring tables. Recommend a computer scorer on one end and the chairman on the other end of the table. Camera Operator should be stationed in a chair six (6) ft. away from the scorer’s table and mat.
- If using one (1) – person mechanics, please keep in mind table help should still be social distancing at the scorer's tables.
- Before and after stepping onto the mat surface, officials should disinfect their shoes with either a disinfectant shoe pad or wipes.
- Mat Officials should conduct a visual inspection of both athletes before the match and 2nd period begins.
- Mat Officials should signal match winners by raising the correct color of their own armband.
- Mat Officials should not partake in any pre-match and post-match handshakes between athletes, coaches…etc.