Every mat and pairing official should have a good idea on the workings of the Clock Controller used by Track Wrestling at USAW events. Click Here to go to the TrackWrestling page with clock information. In the menu on the far left click on "Controller Download" to download the software to your computer where you can practice working with the clock controller. UnZip the file and make sure you have an updated version of Java running on your computer. There is a Java link in the folder downloaded from TW.
Click Here for a YouTube video link with clock controller instructions.
To: All M1, M1C, M2 & M3 REFEREES
Date: 27 March 2017
Subject: 2017 USWOA OFFICIALS EDUCATION PROGRAM UPDATE #1
Listed below are the eleven (11) sessions of the USWOA Officials Education Program (OEP) for Referees during the 2017 season. All sessions will be conducted prior to a Regional or National Championship. These full day sessions do not replace the Clinics at these events and there is a limit on the number of participants for each session.
All sessions will start at 08:00 am local time.
All out of area participants should plan to arrive the night before. USAW will provide rooms the night before each session for all OEP participants. OEP participants staying for the associated tournaments would then go to either tournament housing (if provided) or they will need to arrange lodging for the tournament.
The 2017 National & Regional OEP's are as follows:
Date Location Event Notes Instructor Response Date
1. Mar 24 Centralia, WA Northwest Regional (B) Tom Kuisle CLOSED
2. Apr 28 East. Stroudsburg, PA Northeast Regional (B) Chris Curtis CLOSED
3. May 19 Rochester, MN No Plains Regional (B) Casey Brennan-Goessl CLOSED
4. May 19 Kalamazoo, MI Central Regional (B) Chris Curtis NLT 21 April
5. May 19 Irving, TX Women’s Nationals (A) Tim Pierson NLT 21 April
6. May 26 Atlanta, GA Southeast Regional (B) Dave Errett NLT 21 April
7. Jun 01 Akron, OH University Nationals (A) Zach Errett NLT 04 May
8. Jun 02 Dodge City, KS So Plains Regional (B) Jerry Kuntz NLT 04 May
9. Jun 18 Pocatello, ID West Regional (B) Danny Blackshear NLT 21 May
10. Jun 28 Atlanta, GA Kids Nationals (B) Sam Julian NLT 31 May
11. Jul 14 Fargo, ND Cadet & Jr Nationals (B, C) TBD NLT 16 June
(A) - OEP participant will be responsible for the first $200 and USAW will cover the remainder. All travel must be coordinated with USWOA/USAW and any air travel will be booked through USAW. DO NOT book travel until directed.
(B) - Travel subsidy will not be provided. All travel expenses are the responsibility of the participant.
(C) - Limited to M1C’s.
If you wish to apply for an OEP, please email your request to Tim Pierson at TJPIERSON.LUTTE@gmail.com.
Please provide the following information with your request:
1. First and Last Name.
2. Referee Category.
3. Referee License number.
4. Your State.
5. Email address.
6. Phone number.
7. OEP that you wish to attend.
8. If you require a room the night prior to the OEP.
The OEP sign up process does not replace the online tournament sign up. It is still mandatory to sign up for a National or Regional tournament on the USWOA website, where am I going to officiate this year? If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Tim Tim J. Pierson USWOA Officials Education Program